Hyderabad is known for its rich cultural diversity and is also famous for its food and for tourist attractions. If you reside in this city and are looking to explore Weekend getaways from Hyderabad. Scroll down, You can find some getaways.
1. Ramappa Lake (Weekend getaways from Hyderabad within 250km)
It is in Venkatapur Mandal of the Warangal district, Telangana, India. They constructed this lake in the 13th century during Ganapathi’s Deva reign. The water has spread to an area of 82 square kilometers. It surrounded this lake with some background beautiful hills, and total greenery with a beautiful sunset. Rapp lake irrigates a hundred acres of paddy fields in surrounding villages. Tourists coming to this lake can enjoy the fascinating boating across the blue waters. This boating gives the best charming memory, making them come back again and again. Therefore, it is one of the spectacular spots for those who are looking for weekend getaways from Hyderabad.
- Location: 1 Km away from Ramappa temple.
- Best time to visit: All over the year.
- Timings: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- Distance from Hyderabad: 212 KM.
- How to reach: Take a bus from Hyderabad to Warangal, and Warangal to Ramappa lake.
- Other Attractions nearby: Samakka Sarakka temple, Medaram, and Laknavaram lake.
2. Kanakai Waterfalls (within 300km)
It is located in the Girnoor village of Bazarhatnoor, Mandal of Adilabad District, Telangana. It is an excellent location for trekking. The tourists can witness the great panoramic view of flowing waterfalls and beautiful landscapes from the top of the hills. The unique variety of plants and grass covers the waterfalls by sides. Also, called Kanakadurga falls. This fall is overlooked by beautiful hill ranges in the background providing a spectacular view, especially at sunset time. It is an excellent place for a picnic and one can simply come here and relax under the shade of sprawling trees around and can sit with a family and enjoy a meal together by enjoying the beauty of nature.
- Location: Girnoor village
- Best time to visit: Peak monsoon months, September to October.
- Timings: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- Distance from Hyderabad: 288 KM.
- How to reach: Take a bus from Hyderabad to Adilabad, and from Adilabad, you can hire a taxi to the waterfalls.
- Other Attractions nearby: Pochera Waterfalls, and Kuntala Waterfalls.
Suggested: Famous hills near Bangalore
3. Laknavaram Lake
Laknavaram pond is in Govindaraopet Mandal, 70 km away from Warangal district, Telangana. They cover the entire lake with bountiful crops and pleasant water resources. A very famous place to visit with friends and families, in the rainy season. In this lake, the hanging bridge is attractive to many tourists. Huge crowds will see here on weekends. It is the best weekend getaway from Hyderabad for a 2-day trip for couples. You can go boating through the islands as you can get an awesome view of birds over there. Camping and wildfire near the lake also make for a memorable experience.
- Location: Govindaraopet.
- Best time to visit: Monsoon and winter months.
- Timings: 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM.
- Distance from Hyderabad: 260 KM.
- How to reach: Take a bus from Warangal to Mulugu through Jangalam. The lake is just 7 kilometers from Mulugu.
- Other Attractions nearby: Ramappa temple, Bogatha waterfalls, and Eturnagaram wildlife sanctuary.
4. Komati Cheruvu: (Weekend getaway with couples near Hyderabad within 100kms)
The Komati Cheruvu is in the outstucks of Siddipet, at a distance of 100kms from Hyderabad. Initially, it was a lake that people used to visit on weekends. They wonderfully developed it in recent years with quite attractive suspension bridges, parks, hotels, boar ridges, and many more. After Telangana state formation, the local MLA and cm KCR took up a plan to develop this as a tourist place.
- Hours of Operation: 10:00 AM – 8.00 PM
- Website: www.telanganatourism.gov.in
- Address: Siddipet, Telangana 502103.
5. Wilderness Campsite, Vikarabad
Wilderness Retreat has come up with a new concept of luxury camping and which is just 90kms from Hyderabad. This property is one of its kind with luxurious amenities and also the best place to spend your weekend getaway with your friends and family members in nature.
- Address: Sy 97, Sarpanpally Lake Rd, Vikarabad, Telangana 501101.
- Camping cost: 3000 Rs.
- Contact No: 9392286675
- Website: https://thewildernessretreat.in/camping/