Hyderabad is the capital city of the Telangana state, and one of the major tourist destinations in India. When you get bored with any work, here are some lists of the Best Things to do in Hyderabad.
1. Visit Charminar
It is in the heart of the old city. They constructed it in 1591 CE by the fifth ruler of the Qutub Shah dynasty, Sultan Muhammad Quli Qutub Shah, this Indo-Islamic monument of Persian architecture. This monument was built at the close of the 16th century to celebrate the end of the plague that had devastated the entire region. A tiny mosquito sits on the top floor of the building. They derived its name from two words, Char and Minar, meaning four minarets. There are 149 steps inside the minaret that visitors can climb to get spectacular views of Hyderabad. There are some beautiful balconies on the first floor which attract many tourists. One of the oldest mosques in South India known as Mecca Masjid is on the western end of the Charminar.
- Location: Char Kaman, Ganzi Bazar, Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Timings: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Places nearby: Choodi Bazar, Chowmahalla Palace.
- Entry fee: 5rs for adults, 100 for foreigners
Suggested: Best restaurants in Hyderabad
2. Visit Birla Mandir (Things to do in Hyderabad with families)
This magnificent Hindu temple, built on the Hill rock of Naubat Pahad, is dedicated to Lord Venkateshwara and built entirely with pure Rajasthani white Marble, two thousand tons of it. The Architecture is a blend of South Indian Rajasthani and Utkala styles with shrines devoted to other deities. People remove footwear before entering the temple. You should notice, that a small charge is required to take photos.
- Location: Hill fort road, Ambedkar colony, Khairtabad, Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Timings: 7:00 am to 12:00 pm and 3:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Places nearby: Hussain Sagar Lake, Birla Planetarium, Birla Science Museum
- Entry fee: No entry fee
3. Eat Okra (Things to do in Hyderabad with couples)
Weekend brunches have become famous in India in recent years. Okra within the Hyderabad Marriott Hotel, and Convention center, serves the city’s best brunch spread with Andhrapradeshi specialties, Mediterranean dishes with Indian spicy ragout sauces, and dangerously milk deserts.
- Location: Hyderabad Marriott Hotel, Convention center, Tank bund road, Hyderabad
4. Eat Paradise Biryani
Try the city’s famous biryani at the Paradise Persis restaurant, in the paradise food court in Secunderabad. It is the largest food venue in India with floors of dining places. There are so many restaurants in Hyderabad, but Paradise biryani is the most authentic one. No other biryani is as close as this one for Hyderabad style.
- Location: RTC crossroads, Opp Sandhya theatre, Nallakunta, Hyderabad
- Timings: 11:30 pm to 11:30 pm
- Cost: Starts from Rs 130
- Must try: Seafood, Mutton biryani, Kadai chicken.
- Email: email@example.com
5. Boating on the Hussain Sagar Lake
It was built in the 16th century, Hussain Sagar Lake with a 3km long dam wall is the largest artificial lake in Asia that connects the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad. Situated around 3km from Hyderabad city center, Quli Qutub Shah built it. Streams originating from the Musi river supply water to Hyderabad city to feed the tank. Four major spans of Greenery border the lake, such as Indira Park in the East, Sanjeevaiah park in the North, and Lumbini park in the South. The lake is also kind with 30 status of famous personalities. Hussain Sagar has other attractions for lovers of water sports. The boating club and sailing club draw several tourists from all over the country.