Welcome to Wardha, a city in Maharashtra, India, that offers a range of attractions for visitors to explore. From historical landmarks to serene gardens, Wardha has something for everyone. One must places to visit in Wardha is the Mahatma Gandhi Ashram in Sevagram, which provides a glimpse into the life and teachings of Mahatma Gandhi. Another popular spot is the Bor Dam, a beautiful reservoir surrounded by hills and home to diverse wildlife. Whether you’re interested in history, nature, or spirituality, Wardha has it all.
1. Mahatma Gandhi Ashram, Sevagram
Mahatma Gandhi Ashram, Sevagram received 1 Position in the list of Best places to visit in WardhaAshram
- Beautiful, serene place to visit and get close to the history
- Feel of relaxation from daily hard lifestyle…
- You’ll remember your childhood memories.
08:00 – 17:00
2. Bor Dam
Bordharan is a dam located in Seloo Tahsil, Wardha District. It is formed by the Bor Dam and is home to a diverse range of wildlife, including sambhar, cheetah, barking deer, nilgai, tigers, leopards, and wild dogs. This place features a water reservoir surrounded by hills and a beautiful landscape.
- Awesome place to chill out with a nice jungle safari
- Wonderful place located 52km from Nagpur, perfect for a jungle safari
- Bor Tiger Reserve is the best tiger reserve in Vidarbha
Open 24 hours
3. Magan Sangrahalaya Samiti
- They even have organic khadi-selling stores
- It indicates science, and technology appreciated by Mahatma Gandhi
- Good place to explore and see the history through things.
4. Gitai Mandir, Gopuri
Gitai Mandir, Gopuri secured 4 Position in the list of Best places to visit in WardhaBuddhist temple
- Nice place there is always peace and lots of statues
- The best part of this architecture is from the top it is been seen as a Cow
- Best place for morning walks and yoga.
5. Vishwa Shanti Stupa
- Very peaceful and beautiful place..
- Great Buddhist place…with natural beauty…
- A peaceful place and tourist attraction place at Wadha.
17:00 – 18:00
6. Gandhi Hill
Gandhi Hill received 6th position in the list of Best Places to visit in Wardha Park and Garden.
- Clean and beautiful place
- This is a very peaceful place and has memorabilia of Gandhi ji
- Enjoyed jogging around the whole campus of the university
7. Sudampuri Garden
- Love to visit in the evening in the Summer and Morning in the winter.
- Nice place in Central Wardha for elders, youngsters, and morning and evening walkers
- Good circular track, suitable for walking and jogging.
06:00 – 10:30, 17:00 – 23:00
Check out: Places to visit in Aligarh for 2023
8. Bor Tiger Reserve
Bor Tiger Reserve is a wildlife sanctuary located near Hingani in Wardha District, Maharashtra, India. It was declared as a tiger reserve in July 2014. The reserve covers an area of 138.12 km² and includes the drainage basin of the Bor Dam. It is home to a variety of wild animals.
Notably, Bor Tiger Reserve and some adjacent protected areas will be merged with Pench Tiger Reserve as a ‘Satellite core area’, effectively doubling the size of the well-established tiger reserve.
Bor Tiger Reserve is centrally located among several other Bengal tiger habitats, including Pench Tiger Reserve (90 km² to the northeast), Nagzira Navegaon Tiger Reserve (125 km² to the east northeast), Umred Karhandla Wildlife Sanctuary (75 km² to the east southeast), Tadoba – Andhari Tiger Reserve (85 km² to the southeast), Melghat Tiger Reserve (140 km² to the west northwest), and Satpura National Park and Tiger Reserve (160 km² to the northwest).
- Amazing place to see some wild bears, loads of deer, and birds
- There were Bison, Spotted Deer, Peacock Peahens, Sambar, etc.
- You can also watch peacock, eagle, Indian roller, kingfisher, etc.
06:00 – 18:30
9. Welcome Wardha Sign
Welcome to Wardha! We are thrilled to announce that Wardha Sign has secured the 9th position in the list of Best Places to Visit in Wardha. This tourist attraction is definitely worth a visit!
- “I am one creator of this amazing Nilkanth Bird. It’s a must-see!”
- “The highway in this city is the best part. It offers a scenic drive.”
- “Wardha Sign is a nice place to take selfies. The views are stunning!”
10. Mahakali Mandir
Mahakali Mandir is ranked 10th on the list of the best places to visit in Wardha. It is a Hindu temple in Wardha.
- You can also visit Bor Dam, which is not far from Wardha.
- It is a good temple in Ganesh Nagar to worship Mahakali.
11. Gandhi Gyan Mandir
- 08:00 – 12:00
- 16:30 – 19:30
12. Lahanuji Maharaj Mandir
Lahanuji Maharaj Mandir, situated in Wardha, Maharashtra, is a prominent Hindu temple. With an impressive average rating of 4.30 out of 5 stars from 16 reviews, this temple stands as a testament to its significance. You can find it at PJV4+2F6, MIDC, Wardha, Maharashtra 442001, India. Conveniently, it is just 0.32 kilometers away from the Wardha Junction railway station.
13. Dandi March Statue
The Dandi March Statue in Wardha stands as a powerful tribute to a historic event in India’s independence movement. Depicting the iconic Salt March led by Mahatma Gandhi in 1930, this statue symbolizes the spirit of nonviolent protest against British colonial rule. Located in Wardha, Maharashtra, this statue serves as a reminder of India’s rich history and the resilience of its people in the pursuit of freedom.