Welcome to Wai, a beautiful tourist destination in Maharashtra, India. One of the top attractions in Wai is the Mapro Food Park, a must-visit place for all visitors. Indulge in the delicious strawberry ice cream and mouth-watering sandwiches while enjoying the scenic views. Another popular spot is the Nana Fadnavis Wada, a historical place that offers a serene atmosphere and well-maintained treasures from the Peshwa Era. For nature lovers, Harrisons Folly is a natural plateau with breathtaking views and the perfect spot for paragliding. Hotel Srushti Regency is ranked 4th in the list of best places to visit in Wai, offering clean rooms and amazing food. Explore the Mandhardevi Kalubai Mandir, a 400-year-old temple situated on a hill with miraculous properties. Other attractions include Rajpuri Caves, Pandavgad Fort, Kalubai Mandir, Vairatgad Fort, Menavali Ghat, Sahyadri Pride Agro Tourism, Kalubai Devasthan, Shri Kashi Vishweshwar Mandir, Krishnabai temple, and Wai Caves. Come and experience the beauty and spirituality and best places to visit, things to do in Wai.
1. Mapro Food Park
Mapro Food Park is ranked as the top tourist attraction in Wai. It is a must-visit place for all visitors.
- Don’t miss trying the delicious strawberry ice cream here.
- I absolutely loved the ice cream and sandwiches.
- The grilled sandwiches and pizza are the most popular and yummy options available here.
The park is open from 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
2. Nana Fadnavis Wada
- Mahadev Temple on the ghat is a serene place at any given time of day
- Well maintained treasure during Peshwa Era.
- There is no entry fees.
9:00 AM – 6:30 PM
3. Harrisons Folly
Natural plateau with scenic views
- Nice plateau to sit and watch valley view
- Paragliding is awesome
- My first time paragliding experience…!
- Place worth the fee paid.
Open 24 hours
4. Hotel Srushti Regency
Hotel Srushti Regency is ranked 4th in the list of Best places to visit in WaiHotel.
- Very good person and reception. The rooms are very clean and the washrooms are well-maintained.
- Mouth-watering taste.
- The food quality is amazing.
8:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Check out: Best places to visit in Murshidabad
5. Shri Mandhardevi Kalubai Mandir
Mandhardevi Kalubai temple is located near Wai. It is situated on a hill that is 4,650 feet above sea level. The temple is about 20 km away from Wai, Satara. From the temple, one can enjoy the breathtaking views of the picturesque Pandavgad Fort and Purandar fort. The shrine is surrounded by a grove, which is believed to have miraculous properties according to the devotees. The temple is said to be more than 400 years old and was built during Chatrapati Shivaji’s Maratha rule, although the exact date of construction is unknown.
The land on which the temple is situated is titled in the name of Lord Mandeshwar and Kaleshwari Devi. Throughout most of the year, there is not much tourist traffic in the area. The nearest primary health centre is located six kilometres away, while a major hospital can be found in Satara town.
The idol of Kalubai in the temple is adorned with two silver masks and silk finery. During a procession, the masks are carried by members of the Gurav family, who are considered as the hereditary custodians of the shrine. The members of this family take turns to perform the rituals.
- Enjoy the picnic and get the blessings of Goddess, best luck
- it is a very cool and beautiful place
- Enthusiastic environment and a positive vibe we get there.
6. Rajpuri Caves
Rajpuri Caves is a sacred site located in Wai and has recently been ranked 6th in the list of Best places to visit in Wai. These caves are known for their religious significance and house a Hindu temple.
- The place has a serene atmosphere, but it’s important to note that women are not allowed inside.
- Many visitors have described the place as incredibly beautiful.
- Additionally, there is a Bhagwan Kartikeya temple within the caves, adding to the spiritual experience.
The Rajpuri Caves are open from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM, allowing visitors to explore and immerse themselves in the divine ambiance.
7. Pandavgad Fort
- Awesome trek up to the top
- And awesome nature place to enjoy hill point scene.
- Pandavgad can be approached easily via a small village on Wai – Mandhardevi road.
Open 24 hours
8. Kalubai Mandir
Open 24 hours
9. Vairatgad Fort
Vairatgad Fort placed 9 Position in the list of Best places to visit in Wai
Vairatgad fort is a fort situated near to the town of Wai vyajwadi in Maharashtra, India. The top of the fort is very small. There are remnants of old buildings. The bastion at the entrance is dilapidated. 5-6 cisterns can be seen to the left of the main gate, on the lower side of the cliff. There is a small cave to the right. At the top there is a Hanuman temple. An idol of Hanuman sits outside the temple. This fort was under sardar pilaji gole as killedar for 1673 – 1689.
- It’s a good experience of trek here
- Best in rainy season
- Great Place For Trekking
Open 24 hours
10. Menavali Ghat wai
Menavali Ghat wai secured 10 Position in the list of Best places to visit in WaiTourist Attraction
- Cool and calm temple of lord Shiva increases the beauty of the place
- Nice place to spend some quality time in peace
- Beautiful historical place.
Open 24 hours
11. Sahyadri Pride Agro Tourism
- I highly recommend visiting this resort.
- You can also enjoy it with your family.
- You’ll be able to experience the beauty of nature up close.
12. Kalubai Devasthan
8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
13. Shri Kashi Vishweshwar Mandir
- See there a beautifully carved Nandi bull and a nicely decorated Shivlinga
- Big Nandi outside and nice Shiva linga inside
- This is a very old Shiva temple built near the banks of Krishna river in Wai.
14. Krishnabai temple
Krishnabai temple has secured the 14th position in the list of Best places to visit in Wai. It is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- The most beautiful temple of Shiva.
15. Wai Caves
Wai Caves have secured the 15th position in the list of Best places to visit in Wai.
Wai Caves consist of 9 Buddhist Caves and are located at Lonara, which is approximately 7 km north of Wai.
The Chaitya hall within the caves, which originally housed a Stupa, has now been transformed into a Shiva temple.