1. Kumbakkarai Falls
Kumbakkarai Falls secured the 1st position in the list of Best places to visit in Theni.
Kumbakkarai Falls are lesser known falls in the foothills of the Kodaikanal Hills. They are located at 10°10′48″N 77°31′50″E in Theni district, 9 kilometers from Periyakulam. Kumbakkarai Falls are located along the Kodai-Vellagavi-Periyakulam footpath.
These falls have two stages. At the first stage, water collects in huge rock recesses which are each named after wild animals such as tiger, elephant, snake etc. The Pambar river then flows 0.5 km to the second stage before falling as the main waterfall.
The water originates in Kodaikanal Hills and flows along the rocks and finally reaches the foothills. This place is called Kumbakarai. Travelers come here and take a bath in the falls. The water flows throughout the year, but in rainy seasons the flow will be very heavy. Bathing is possible. There is a bus from Periyakulam with a fare of Rs. 5. There is no guest house.
- Don’t miss to try idly and vadai to have, after bath
- Lot of enjoyment for kids
- Prohibited shampoo and soap in this nature.
08:00 – 16:00
2. Veerapandi River View Point
- Peaceful to mind & enjoy safely with family in less expense..
- Can be cleaned and maintained well
- Spot there are 2 temples near by .
06:00 – 19:30
3. Suruli Falls
Suruli falls, is located 56 km from Theni and 10 km from Cumbum in the Theni District in Tamil Nadu, India. It is a 2 stage Cascading water fall. The Suruli River supplying the falls originates from the Meghamalai mountain range. The falls drop from a height of 150 feet gathers into a pool, flows for a short distance and again plummets an additional 40 feet.
- The place is very cool and have good views and lot of wild monkeys
- Superb place green and clean
- Good atmosphere and good climate, Nice place to spend time with family and kids.
08:00 – 16:00
4. Seran’s Fun park
Seran’s Fun park has been ranked 4th in the list of Best places to visit in TheniPark. It offers a wide range of rides and animals for kids to enjoy.
- Entry fees of 50rs is considered worthy.
- At the cost of Rs.50 entry ticket, it is deemed suitable for children.
- Boating is the highlight of the park.
The park is open from 16:00 to 21:00.
5. Thalaiyar Waterfalls
Thalaiyar Falls, also known as Rat Tail Falls, is a breathtaking waterfall located in the Theni District of Tamil Nadu, South India. It is famously referred to as the “prohibited Water falls by Theni forest division”. The falls are formed by the Manjalar River, which is a tributary of the majestic Vaigai river. Standing tall at a height of 975 ft, Thalaiyar Falls is not only the highest waterfall in Tamil Nadu but also the sixth highest in all of India and the 267th highest in the world.
- Beautiful place to be seen by everyone in their lifetime.
- Superb experience, a must-go destination to enjoy with family.
- Good waterfalls nestled amidst the enchanting forest.
Meghamalai got 6 Position in the list of Best places to visit in Theni
Meghamalai, commonly known as the High Wavy Mountains, is a mountain range located in the Western Ghats in the Theni district near Kumily, Tamil Nadu. It is dotted with cardamom plantations and tea plantations. The mountain range is 1,500 metres above sea level, and it is rich in flora and fauna. The area, now mostly planted with tea plants, includes cloudlands, high wavys, venniar, and the manalar estates belonging to the Woodbriar Group. Access is largely restricted and includes largely untouched remnants of evergreen forest.
- Dream location with lush green tea gardens and the clouds touching our feet!
- The natural beauty is beyond the words to express
- Lovely hill.. 🤩🔥 best for driving and to enjoy the climate and chill ❤️🔥.
Check out: Places to visit, Things to do in Palani
7. Theertha Thotti Murugan Temple
- There is also an open community hall, kitchen, toilets with water facility ..
- Feel the peaceful here
- One of the rarest temple to have this god in place.
8. Sri Swami Chidbhavananda Ashramam
Sothuparai is ranked 9th in the list of Best places to visit in Theni.
The Sothuparai Dam is a dam located in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is situated across the Varaha River, approximately 12 km away from the town of Periyakulam in Theni district.
Sothupari dam is one of the tallest dams in Tamil Nadu and is located at the outskirts of Periyakulam city. It is built across the river Varaganadhi and is situated 12 km from Periyakulam. The dam has a height of 57 m, a length of 345 m, and a total catchment area of 357 acres. The agricultural lands of Thenkarai and Thamaraikulam village benefit from this dam.