1. Sher Shah Suri Tomb – Hindustan
Sher Shah Suri Tomb – Hindustan is ranked at the top of the list of Best places to visit in Sasaram.
The Sher Shah Suri tomb is located in the town of Sasaram in Bihar state, India. It was constructed as a memorial for Emperor Sher Shah Suri, a Pathan from Bihar who successfully defeated the Mughal Empire and established the Suri Empire in northern India. Unfortunately, he met his demise due to an accidental gunpowder explosion in the Kalinjar fort on the 10th day of Rabi’ al-awwal, A.H. 952 or May 13, 1545 AD.
- A remarkable piece of art representing the Afghan ruler, Sher Shah.
- An impressive architectural marvel situated in the middle of a lake, surrounded by nature’s beauty.
- Sher Shah took control of the Mughal Empire in 1540 CE.
The Sher Shah Suri tomb is open from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
2. Tara Chandi Temple
Maa Tara Chandi Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Maa Shakti or Maa Durga, located in Sasaram, Bihar, India. It is one of the 51 Shakti Peetha.
- Natural beauty of the temple and surroundings give pleasure to eyes.
- Awesome ….Vicinity …. natural beauty …..
- Awesome shaktipith of Maa Tara Chandi, situated near NH.
3. Nehru Park
Park and Garden
- It’s a nice park for an evening and morning walk, and the children’s playground is so good.
- Best place to hang out with friends and family in the evening and morning.
- It is awesome for a ramble in the morning and evening.
04:00 – 11:30, 16:00 – 19:00
4. Manjhar Kund
Manjhar Kund is ranked at the 4th position in the list of Best places to visit in Sasaram.
The Manjhar Kund waterfalls, also known as the Manjhar K Waterfall, are located in Sasaram, the district headquarters of Rohtas District in Bihar. This waterfall is considered one of the most beautiful falls in India.
- What a beautiful and refreshing place to enjoy with your family and friends!!!
- Nyc waterfall, reaching the top is adventurous
- Had a wonderful experience to witness nature in its true form.
The timings for visiting Manjhar Kund are from 06:00 to 17:00.
5. Pilot Baba Ashram
- Good place, Under construction for now i.e. 30dec2019
- The place is a beautiful place to be visited with the family
- Best place to come with family.
6. Mahaveer Temple
Mahaveer Temple is ranked 6th in the list of Best places to visit in Sasaram. It is a Hindu Temple.
- Nice place to worship lord Hanuman
- Nice place to worship lord Hanuman
- Nice place for worship of God Bajrang Bali. It is a very old temple.
7. Pilot Baba Sasaram
- It’s a truly amazing place where you can witness the presence of giant statues of Lord Shiva.
- The temple is nice, but it seems that its construction is still ongoing.
- One cannot help but admire the beauty of the Somenath Temple, which boasts the tallest Shiva statue in Bihar and a large Buddha statue.
8. Sita Kund
- First one among the 3 waterfalls Popularly known as Sitakund
- This is the best place for picnic and off time enjoy.
06:00 – 17:00
9. Dhua Kund
Dhua Kund is at 9 Position in the list of Best places to visit in Sasaram
The Dhua Kund are the pair of waterfalls situated in the city of Sasaram. These waterfalls have the capacity to generate 50-120 MW of hydroelectricity.
- Awesome place for travel 😘
- A true natural beauty, refreshed after visiting
- This is a beautiful place and famous as a picnic spot among locals.
10. Shershah Suri Park
Shershah Suri Park is ranked 10th in the list of Best places to visit in Sasaram Park and Garden.
- A must visit historical place and good tourist destination
- Nice place for visiting purpose and morning walk
04:00 – 20:00
11. Wat Thai Sasaram
12. Buddha Temple Sasaram
- The best is the statue of Lord Buddha
- He was the preacher of peace and harmony
- Better to visit at evenings to view beauty in lighting.
13. Dhua Kund Waterfall
06:00 – 17:00
14. Sasaram Rohtas
Sasaram Rohtas: A Must-Visit Tourist Attraction
When it comes to exploring the best places to visit in Sasaram, Rohtas holds a prominent position. This enchanting destination has recently been ranked 14th in the list of top tourist attractions in Sasaram. With its rich history and captivating beauty, Rohtas is a must-visit for any travel enthusiast.
Rohtas is known for its historical significance and architectural marvels. The place is home to several ancient monuments and structures that showcase the grandeur of the bygone era. From the magnificent Rohtas Fort to the awe-inspiring Sher Shah Suri Tomb, every corner of Rohtas is steeped in history.
Aside from its historical attractions, Rohtas also offers breathtaking natural beauty. The lush green landscapes, picturesque hills, and serene rivers make it a perfect destination for nature lovers. Whether you want to go for a leisurely stroll or indulge in adventurous activities like trekking, Rohtas has something for everyone.
Moreover, Rohtas is also known for its warm hospitality and delicious local cuisine. The locals are friendly and welcoming, making your visit even more enjoyable. Don’t forget to try the mouthwatering local delicacies like Litti Chokha and Sattu Paratha during your stay.
In conclusion, Sasaram Rohtas is a hidden gem that deserves a spot on your travel bucket list. Its historical significance, natural beauty, and warm hospitality make it an ideal destination for all types of travelers. So, pack your bags and get ready to explore the wonders of Rohtas!
Check out: 18 Best places to visit in Balasore