1. Maa Samaleswari Temple
Maa Samaleswari Temple is ranked at the top position in the list of Best places to visit in Sambalpur.
Samaleswari Temple is a Hindu temple located in Sambalpur, Odisha, India. It is dedicated to the goddess known as ‘Samaleswari’, also known as samalei maa, which means Mother Samaleswari. Shree Shree Samaleswari is the presiding deity of Sambalpur and holds great religious significance in the western part of Odisha and Chhattisgarh state of India. The temple is situated on the bank of the river Mahanadi and has been worshipped since ancient times as Jagatjanani, Adishakti, Mahalaxmi, and Mahasaraswati. She is considered the mother of the universe. Apart from Lord Jagannath, she is the only Goddess in Odisha who is the presiding deity of such a large region, including Western Odisha, parts of Jharkhand, and Chhattisgarh. The region where the temple is located has a rich cultural heritage. It is popularly known as Hirakhanda since ancient times. According to Ptolemy, the place was described as Sambalaka. According to Tavernir, the French explorer, and Edward Gibbon, the English historian, diamonds were exported to Rome from Sambalpur.
The temple follows the Sandhara order.
- Very beautiful temple on the bank of River Mahanadi
- Very nice devotional place for all devotees of MAA Adi Shakti
- They believe the mother goddess will fulfill their wishes.
The temple is open from 6:00 AM to 11:30 AM and from 3:00 PM to 7:30 PM.
Check out: Places to visit in Bharuch for 2023
2. Gandhi Minar
- Everyone must visit it atleast once to see the dam
- It has a rotating stage with great view of man made beauty and natural beauty!!!
- A beautiful rope-way to enjoy.
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
3. Ghanteswari Temple , Bagbira 768026
Maa Ghanteshwari temple is a beautiful temple located in Chiplima, which is approximately 30 km away from Sambalpur city in Odisha, India. To reach the temple, one can take the NH 6 route. A strategically important bridge called Mundoghat has been constructed between Sambalpur and Chiplima, and it is fully functional since December 2018. This bridge has effectively halved the distance between Maa Ghanteswari Temple and Sambalpur.
As the name suggests, bells are an integral part of this temple. People offer bells to the goddess Ghanteswari, also known as the Deity of Bells, as a way of expressing gratitude for the fulfillment of their wishes. The temple attracts numerous pilgrims from all across the state. It is often referred to as the ‘lighthouse without light’ because it was built by early sailors who used the bells as a warning against heavy winds. The unique feature of this place is the large number of small bells hanging all around.
Maa Ghanteshwari Temple is situated on the bank of the Mahanadi River, approximately 33 kilometers southwest of the district capital Sambalpur. The Chipilima Hydro Powerplant is also located near the temple, on the same river bank.
- They are constant bell sound and it is really soothing and relaxing to hear.
- A blessed place, well maintained and clean, with ample space for picnics.
- Awesome experience on the iron bridge over the Mahanadi river.
4:00 AM – 8:00 PM
4. Deer Park
Deer Park secured 4th position in the list of Best places to visit in Sambalpur. It is a petting zoo with deer, peacocks, and geese.
- Very beautiful place with beautiful deers…😊🥰
- The park has deers, bear, peacock, fox, and a leopard
- Deers are soo cute….
8:00 AM – 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
5. Gudguda Waterfall
Waterfall and nature
- Very exciting place for picnic with friends or family..
- Full of greenery, the Gudguda falls is an absolute masterpiece
- One of a best place with full of greenery , a string and lush green forest.
6:00 AM – 7:00 PM
6. Bhimabhoi Park
Bhimabhoi Park is ranked 6th in the list of Best places to visit in Sambalpur Park.
- Anyone can go there for a peaceful walk.
- It is an ideal place to visit in the evening and morning as well.
- A good place for morning and especially evening walks.
The park is open from 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
7. Zero Point
- It’s a very nice place to have a picnic with family and friends
- U’ll just fall in love with the natural beauty..
- Moreover, it’s a very beautiful place to enjoy.
6:00 AM – 6:00 PM
8. Eco Retreat Odisha, Hirakud
- Very very beautiful location with awesome sunset view ..
- Good place for adventure
- Awesome experience
9. Budharaja Mandir
Budharaja Mandir is a popular Hindu Temple located in Sambalpur. It has recently been recognized as the 9th best place to visit in the city.
- Hope you come and enjoy this beautiful place
- Peaceful place for devotion
- Nice place to visit Shiva Temple.
The temple is open 24 hours, allowing visitors to pay their respects at any time.
10. Leaning Temple of Huma, Bimaleswar Temple, Huma, Sambalpur, Hirakhand
Leaning Temple of Huma, Bimaleswar Temple, Huma, Sambalpur, Hirakhand got 10 Position in the list of Best places to visit in Sambalpur
The Leaning Temple of Huma in India is one of only a very few leaning temples in the world. It is located in Huma, a village situated on the bank of the Mahanadi, 23 km south of Sambalpur in the Indian state of Odisha. The temple is dedicated to the Hindu god Lord Bimaleshwar.
It is not known if this structure is leaning by design or for another reason. Although the edifice leans, the pinnacle of the temple is perpendicular to the ground.
- You will surely enjoy the unique fish feeding experience over here as well
- Must visit to the place of Lord Shiva
- devotees worship bholenath here, Beautiful place!
6:00 AM – 6:00 PM
11. Rajabakhri Palace of Sambalpur Hirakhand Raej
- This is the ruin of the palace of Veer Surendra Sai and his family’s
- Recently it had been renovated to keep the Heritage alive
- Govt has to take care of this Assets or we may say Dharohar…
12. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Planetarium
- Very Good Place for kids for enjoyment
- It is a very good place and also good for children and students
- Near to that a beautiful Jagannath temple is also their at the up hill.
9:00 AM – 6:30 PM
13. Sen Park
- Children’s play area is also good
- You can do morning and evening walks, yoga, stretching, exercise, etc
- Great for doing yoga and walks. Has greenery all around and a calm surrounding.
5:00 AM – 8:00 PM
14. Gandhi Park, 4C Ground
Gandhi Park, also known as 4C Ground, is a popular tourist destination in Sambalpur. It has been ranked 14th in the list of best places to visit in Sambalpur.
The park offers a serene and peaceful environment, making it an ideal spot for relaxation and recreation. Visitors can enjoy the lush greenery, beautiful flowers, and well-maintained gardens within the park.
Gandhi Park is equipped with various amenities such as walking paths, seating areas, and playgrounds, making it suitable for people of all ages. It is a perfect place for families to spend quality time together or for individuals to unwind and enjoy nature.
Additionally, the park hosts various events and activities throughout the year, including cultural festivals, sports tournaments, and live performances. These events add to the vibrancy and liveliness of the park, attracting both locals and tourists.
Overall, Gandhi Park is a must-visit destination in Sambalpur, offering a delightful experience for nature lovers and those seeking tranquility amidst the bustling city life.
15. Metakani Temple, Burla
Metakani Temple, Burla is ranked 15th in the list of Best places to visit in Sambalpur.
Maa Metakani temple is located in a forest near Ulunda, in the Subarnapur district of Odisha, India. The locals believe that this goddess originated from a lady named “META”.
- It’s a very beautiful and peaceful temple.
- In this temple, you can feel the presence of 9 goddess blessings.
- One of the best restaurants in Burla.
16. Samalei Temple
- Temple of ruling Goddess of Sambalpur.
17. Samlei Mandir
- Peaceful place to visit for the puja of maa samlei…
- Most powerful goddess of the people.
6:00 AM – 5:00 PM
18. Maa Pataneswari Temple
Place of Worship
- Compound is clean and peaceful.
19. Mindmaster waterfall (Sardda Jor)
Mindmaster waterfall (Sardda Jor) has secured the 19th position in the list of Best places to visit in SambalpurTourist Attraction.
- Very serene place…best picnic spot nearby.
Open 24 hours.
20. Green Park Sambalpur
Green Park Sambalpur: A Must-Visit Destination in Sambalpur
Green Park Sambalpur has recently been recognized as one of the top tourist attractions in Sambalpur. It has secured an impressive 20th position in the list of best places to visit in the city.
Located in the heart of Sambalpur, Green Park offers a serene and picturesque environment that attracts visitors from all over. Whether you are a nature lover, a history enthusiast, or simply looking for a peaceful getaway, this park has something to offer for everyone.
With its lush greenery, well-maintained gardens, and beautiful landscapes, Green Park provides a perfect setting for relaxation and rejuvenation. Take a leisurely stroll through the park, enjoy a picnic with your loved ones, or simply sit back and admire the natural beauty surrounding you.
Moreover, Green Park also boasts a range of recreational activities and amenities. From children’s play areas to jogging tracks, from boating facilities to open-air theaters, there is no shortage of entertainment options here. You can also indulge in various sports activities like cricket, football, and badminton.
Additionally, Green Park is home to several historical monuments and landmarks that add to its charm. Explore the ancient temples, marvel at the architectural wonders, and delve into the rich cultural heritage of Sambalpur.
So, if you are planning a trip to Sambalpur, make sure to include Green Park in your itinerary. It promises a delightful experience and a chance to connect with nature and history in a unique way.
21. Ropeway Sambalpur
- Very Good Experience, It’s a fun moment for me.
10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
22. Dadhibaman Temple
23. Nehru minar,hirakud
24. Maa ghanteswari temple
25. Hirakud Dam
Hirakud Dam is ranked 25th on the list of Best places to visit in Sambalpur.
Hirakud Dam is located in the state of Odisha, India, about 15 kilometres from Sambalpur. It is a remarkable structure built across the Mahanadi River and holds the title of being the longest earthen dam in the world. The dam creates a vast lake known as Hirakud Reservoir, which stretches for 55 kilometers. This project was one of the first major multipurpose river valley initiatives undertaken in India after gaining independence. Notably, on 12 October 2021, Hirakud Reservoir was designated as a Ramsar site.