Roorkee, a city in India, is home to several fascinating attractions that are worth exploring. From the revered dargah of Sufi saint Alauddin Ali Ahmed Sabir Kalyari to the serene Solani Park and the engineering marvel of Solani Aqueduct, there is something for everyone in Roorkee. Chandrapuri Park, Sonali Park, and the iconic Ganga Bridge are also among the top places to visit in Roorkee for 2023. Whether you’re seeking spiritual solace or simply want to immerse yourself in nature, Roorkee has it all.
1. Kaliyar Sharif Sabir Piya Rk
Piran Kaliyar is the dargah of 13th-century Sufi saint of Chishti Order, Alauddin Ali Ahmed Sabir Kalyari also known as Sarkar Sabir Pak and Sabir Kaliyari, situated at Kaliyar village, near Haridwar on the banks of Ganga Canal, 7 km. from Roorkee.
It is one of the most revered shrines for Muslims in India and is equally revered by Hindus and Muslims. The dargah shrine was built by Ibrahim Lodhi, an Afghan ruler of Delhi.
He was the Sufi Saint of Chishti Order in the 13th century, a successor to Baba Farid, and the first in the Sabiriya branch of Chishti Order.
- Masha Allah I was lucky to vist there most recommend everyone ..
- Baba Fareed embraced him happily and remarked “He is sabir (Patient)”
- Peaceful place dargah ,bless allah.
Open 24 hours
Check out: Places to visit in Rudrapur for 2023
2. Solani Park (Places to visit in Roorkee for 2023)
- U will love to have the feet in cool water while evening !
- Nyc Place nd i love to go here Its situated in a centre of ganga ..
- Neet clean and peaceful place even in crowd also.
5:00 AM – 8:00 PM
3. Solani Aqueduct
Solani Aqueduct is ranked 4th on the list of the best places to visit in RoorkeeBridge.
- This place is truly an engineering marvel, with a river flowing over another river on a bridge.
- It is a great spot for morning and evening walks.
- Solani Aqueduct is a landmark in Roorkee, where the river flows below it and the canal flows over it.
4. Chandrapuri Park
Open 24 hours
5. Sonali Park
Sonali Park is ranked 6th on the list of Best places to visit in RoorkeePark.
It is open 24 hours.
6. Ganga Bridge