1. Janapada Loka
Janapada Loka is ranked at the top position in the list of best places to visit in Ramanagara. It is an open-air museum that showcases folk art and crafts.
- Fantastic place 😊 nice to learn about the heritage of Karnataka
- The rural asset is very pleasing to the eyes
- Wow, such an amazing place, and it allows us to see our village lifestyle
The museum is open from 09:30 to 17:30.
2. Sri Kengal Anjaneya Swamy Temple
Hindu temple with a bright dome & a pond
- The hanuman murthi is very lively and a must visit place
- Good place, God bless you all.
- Situated in highway road of mysore and very easy to find it.
07:30 – 19:30
3. Ramanagara Ramadevarabetta Vulture Sanctuary
Ramadevarabetta Vulture Sanctuary is a bird sanctuary located in Karnataka, India. Its main purpose is to protect vultures. This sanctuary was established in 2012 and is the first of its kind in India. Among the nine vulture species found in India, three of them, namely long-billed, Egyptian, and white-backed vultures, can be observed here. In 2018, the Indian government designated an area of 1.30 meters to 1.80 km from the sanctuary’s boundary as an eco-sensitive zone. The total area of this eco-sensitive zone is 7.08 km².
- Feel relaxed even after climbing the steps
- The last part of the trek is wonderful and should not be missed
- Climbing those hills will give you an ultimate joy
09:00 – 17:00
4. Sri Revanasiddheshwara Betta
Sri Revanasiddheshwara Betta is ranked at the 4th position in the list of Best places to visit in Ramanagara.
Revanasiddeshwara Betta, also known as Revanasiddeshwara Hill, is a Shaiva temple located in Avverahalli, India. It stands at an elevation of 3,066 feet above sea level and is situated 15 km away from the city of Ramanagara. This place is commonly referred to as SRS Betta. The site consists of three temples – Revanasiddeshwara betta at the top, Bheemeshwari midway, and Renukamba temple at the base. It is located 60 kilometres away from Bangalore.
- Loved to climb up the hill and around
- Wonderful scenic beauty
- A must-visit place for a nice weekend trip, but be aware of the monkeys out there.
The temple is open from 09:00 to 15:00.
5. Kootagal Thimmappana Betta
- Love to visit again in some sunset/sunrise time
- Awesome place for morning ride.
- Very serene, clean with enchanting views of the rock mountains around.
05:00 – 20:00
6. Rangarayana Doddi Lake Boating
Rangarayana Doddi Lake Boating secured 6 Position in the list of Best places to visit in RamanagaraTourist attraction
- Best spot to view sunset
- Good to watch sunset during evening climbing top of the hill
- It is really peaceful to sit on the rock and watch the sun go down the horizon.
10:00 – 17:30
7. Sholay Shooting Top
- Try climbing till the hilltop as it just awesome feeling after climbing up
- Climb is comfortable with well laid out stone steps
- Nice place for small trek and weekend outing.
09:00 – 17:00
8. Kanva Reservoir
Kanva Reservoir is an artificial lake and tourist attraction 69 kilometres from Bangalore, India, formed by the damming of the Kanva River in an irrigation project.
The Kava Reservoir is an artificial lake located in the Channapatna, a town famous for its wooden toys. It was built in the year 1946 to serve as a source of drinking water for the surrounding areas, as well as for irrigation purposes. The reservoir is formed by a dam built across the Kaveri River, which is one of the largest rivers in South India. The dam and the reservoir have become popular tourist destinations, attracting thousands of visitors every year.
The scenic beauty of the surrounding area, combined with the serenity of the lake, make it a popular picnic spot. Visitors can engage in boating, fishing and other recreational activities. The Kava Reservoir has played a crucial role in the development of the region by providing water for drinking, irrigation and other purposes, and it continues to play an important role in the lives of the people living in the region.
- You can spend good peaceful time and click amazing pictures
- One day road trip is awesome and sunrise view is mesmerizing
- Great place to spend a weekend morning, very refreshing…
9. SRS Hills
SRS Hills received 9th position in the list of Best places to visit in Ramanagara. It is a serene mountaintop with a temple.
- The view while climbing and from the top is awesome!
- Plenty of parking is available and so are the monkeys.
- The trek path is very clean and one has to travel barefoot.
10. Ramdevara Hill
Ramdevara Hill is ranked 10th in the list of Best places to visit in Ramanagara Mountain Peak.
- Worth the effort to climb
- Easy walk up the hill using the stairs
- Best place for family 👪 lil bit of trek 👣 in the lap of mother nature.
11. Timmappana Betta
- Beautiful place to chill for a few hours in the morning or the evening
- Less crowded on early mornings and very photogenic surroundings
- Great place for weekend bike rides.
12. Sri Sanjeevaraya Swamy Temple
The Hindu Temple is a place of worship for followers of the Hindu religion. It is a sacred space where devotees come to offer prayers and seek blessings from the deities.
The temple is open from 07:00 to 14:00 in the morning and from 18:00 to 20:00 in the evening. During these hours, visitors can visit the temple, participate in rituals, and engage in spiritual activities.
13. Rangarayara Doddi Lake
- Boating & rock climbing can be done. It’s in the city limits
- Climb the rocks or just walk the path to see the beautiful sunset!
14. Skydream Adventure
Skydream Adventure secured 14 Position in the list of Best places to visit in RamanagaraAdventure Sports
- Very calm & quite with lot of trees especially Mango.
09:00 – 18:00
15. Kempegowda circle
Kempegowda Circle: A Historical Landmark
Kempegowda Circle has secured the 15th position in the list of best places to visit in Ramanagara. This historical landmark is a must-visit for history enthusiasts and those interested in exploring the rich heritage of the region.
Located in Ramanagara, Kempegowda Circle holds immense historical significance. It is named after Kempegowda, a feudal ruler who founded the city of Bangalore. The circle serves as a tribute to his contributions and legacy.
Visitors to Kempegowda Circle can witness the architectural brilliance of the monument. The intricate carvings and designs on the structure are a testament to the skilled craftsmanship of the bygone era.
Exploring Kempegowda Circle allows visitors to delve into the history of Ramanagara and gain insights into the cultural heritage of the region. The site offers a glimpse into the past and provides a unique experience for tourists.
Whether you are a history buff or simply looking to explore the best places in Ramanagara, Kempegowda Circle should definitely be on your itinerary. Its historical significance and architectural beauty make it a must-visit destination.
Check out: 18 Best places to visit in Balasore
16. ಶ್ರೀ ಮಲ್ಲಿಗೆ ಮನಸ್ಸಿನ ಮಹದೇಶ್ವರ ಸ್ವಾಮಿ
Open 24 hours