Are you planning a trip to Ongole and wondering about the best places to visit, things to do in ongole? Look no further! In this article, we will explore the top attractions in Ongole, including Mallavaram Dam, Sri Valluramma Ammavari Devasthanam, Sai Baba Temple, Sri Prasanna Chennakesava Swamy Temple, Vodarevu Beach, Kothapatnam Beach, Panchamuka Anjaneya Temple, and Ranga Rayudu Park. Whether you’re a nature lover, history enthusiast, or seeking spiritual solace, these places have something for everyone. So, let’s dive in and discover the best places to visit in Ongole!
1. Mallavaram Dam- Gundlakamma River
Park and Garden
- This is one the best place to spend with family members and friends.
- Having peaceful place, beautiful reservoir, Venkateswara swamy temple, Park
- You can have boating too.
06:00 – 18:00
2. Sri Valluramma Ammavari Devasthanam
- Goddess is so powerful
- Everyday All vehicle poojas having here
- Most famous for New vehicle poojas.
06:00 – 12:00, 17:30 – 20:30
3. Sai Baba Temple, Santhapeta, Ongole
Sai Baba Temple, located in Santhapeta, Ongole, has secured the 4th position in the list of best places to visit in Ongole. This Hindu temple is highly revered by visitors.
- Very good, peaceful atmosphere, and well-organized.
- All gods can be found in one place.
- You can visit this temple for peace of mind as it houses multiple temples in one location.
The temple is open from 04:45 AM to 12:30 PM and from 05:30 PM to 09:30 PM.
4. Sri Prasanna Chennakesava Swamy Temple
Shiva & Vishnu temple with twin towers
- Very peaceful place for an early morning or in the evening visit
- History and archaeology lovers should visit
- These Kings were ardent devotees of Lord Venkateshwara.
06:00 – 12:00, 18:00 – 21:00
5. Vodarevu Beach
Vodarevu Beach secured 6th position in the list of Best places to visit in Ongole.
Vodarevu Beach is located about 6 km from Chirala on the East coast of Bay of Bengal. It is situated in Bapatla district of Andhra Pradesh. Coconut trees line the shore. Vodarevu Beach is the shortest distance beach from Hyderabad and Telangana. Every weekend, a lot of tourists from Hyderabad and Telangana visit here.
- You will find a lot of fishing boats here.
- Great place to have seafood.
- This will be an eye feast for tourists.
Check out: Places to visit in Guntur
6. Kothapatnam Beach
- Clean and relatively undisturbed beach with nice sand dunes.
- Water of Bay of Bengal is good here but basic facilities not available.
- Very beautiful and nice. Enjoy with family and children in beach.
Open 24 hours
7. Panchamuka Anjaneya Temple
- Lord Anjaneya with 5 faces.
8. Ranga Rayudu Park
Ranga Rayudu Park has been ranked 9th in the list of Best places to visit in OngolePark and Garden.
- We can walk, run, and enjoy the serene environment. It’s a great place to spend time.
The park is open from 06:00 AM to 09:00 PM.