1. Shri Mahabaleshwara Swami Temple – (Gokarna)
Shri Mahabaleshwara Swami Temple – (Gokarna) placed 1 Position in the list of Best places to visit in Kumta
The Mahabaleshwar Temple, Gokarna is a 4th-century CE Hindu temple located in Gokarna, Uttara Kannada district, Karnataka state, India which is built in the classical Dravidian architectural style. It is a site of religious pilgrimage. The temple faces the Gokarna beach on the Arabian Sea. The temple deifies the Pranalinga also called Atmalinga or Shiva Linga In legend, it is said that the deity of the temple will bestow immense blessings to devotees, even to those who only glimpse it. Currently the administrative charge of the temple is with an Overseeing Committee under the Chairmanship of Justice BN Srikrishna, a Retired Justice of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India. It is one of the 275 paadal petra sthalams expounded in the Tevaram, a sacred Tamil Shaivite text written during the 6th and 7th centuries by 63 saints called Nayanars.
- Beach and climate is damn lovely
- Dhoti is a must for gents and sari or punjabi dress for women
- Lungi is must for every men and for women in jeans and frocks.
6:00 AM – 12:00 PM, 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Check out: Places to visit, Things to do in Sirsi
2. Mirjan Fort
The Mirjan Fort is located on the west coast of the Uttara Kannada district in the southern Indian state of Karnataka. The fort is known for its architectural elegance and has been the site of numerous battles in the past. It is situated approximately 0.5 kilometres from the National Highway 66 and 21 kilometres from Gokarna, a renowned Hindu pilgrimage centre on the west coast of India.
According to historical accounts, the Mirjan Fort was initially built by Rani Chennabhairadevi of Gersoppa in the 16th century. Rani Chennabhairadevi ruled for 54 years and resided in the fort. During her reign, the port at Mirjan, located 32 kilometres southeast of Karwar, was a major hub for shipping pepper, saltpetre, and betel nut to Surat. The region of Gersoppa, which was annexed to Bednur, gained fame for its exported pepper. As a result, the Portuguese bestowed the title “Rani, the Pepper Queen” upon the Queen of Gersoppa.
- Best place to visit around monsoon i.e July-September
- Perfect for photo shoots too.
- Built with wonderful architectural elegance.
8:00 AM – 5:30 PM
3. Om Beach
Natural shoreline in a remote holy town
- The shape of the beach is awesome
- Superb place with beach and shack restaurant.
- White sand, boating available, nice place to spend great time here.
4. Hotel Pandurang International
Hotel Pandurang International is at 4 Position in the list of Best places to visit in KumtaLodge
- Our favorite place to stop for food and restroom while traveling on the highway
- This is the best place where you get pure and tasty vegetarian food
- Sweet bun is a must-have.
Open 24 hours
5. Blue Ocean Sands
- If you are planning for a private beach and good food this is the best place
- Very good beach property, spent plenty of time here
- We stayed in a family room which has 8 beds and we had a great time together.
Open 24 hours
6. Shri Mahalasa Narayani Temple, Kumta
Shri Mahalasa Narayani Temple, Kumta secured 6 Position in the list of Best places to visit in KumtaHindu Temple
- Peaceful place Konkani trust
- Divine place, Idol is too beautiful and attractive
- May God bless you all.
8:00 AM – 1:00 PM, 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
7. OmBodhi Retreat
- The private cottages too are really great!
- We’ll definitely recommend your property to our friends
- Quite, serene, peaceful place.
8. Hotel Varad International – Best Budget Hotel Rooms | Fine Dine Family Restaurant
- And the service is also good
- One of the good Bar and restaurant in kumta
- Tasty food with reasonable price both in veg and non veg, sea food available.
9. Silver Sand Beach Resort
Silver Sand Beach Resort is ranked 9th in the list of Best places to visit in Kumta. It is a resort hotel.
- From the property, we could view the sea and feel the cool breeze
- Well maintained cottages
- Night view excellent, ✨️ Amazing
- Summer time (it’s a nice and peaceful place)
11:00 AM – Sun 10:00 AM
10. Baada Beach
Baada Beach is ranked 10th on the list of Best places to visit in Kumta. It is a public beach that offers a serene and picturesque setting.
- Get beautiful sunset view here
- Less crowd, peaceful evenings
- Wonderful beach for enjoying sunset.
The beach is open 24 hours, allowing visitors to enjoy its beauty at any time of the day.
11. The Seventh Heaven Resort & Ocean Stays
- You feel like staying in some private beach
- And they provide tent stays near by the beach
- The beachside food service at Seventh Heaven is exceptional.
12. Vannalli Beach Kumta
- For doing Meditation and Yoga’s this is a Peaceful place
- The shore and sunset are beautiful than ever
- A small park is available for kids to play.
Open 24 hours
13. Kadle Beach
Beach with palms & rock formations
- Very peaceful place..
14. Gamyam Retreat
Gamyam Retreat has recently been ranked 14th in the list of Best places to visit in Kumta. This resort hotel offers a range of amenities and services to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
- “Biggest swimming pool in Karnataka” – The Best Hotel GAMYAM BEACH RESORT AND SPA
- Authentic Ayurveda and Yoga retreat
- Excellent treatment
15. Mangodlu Beach
Mangodlu Beach is ranked at 15th position in the list of best places to visit in Kumta Beach.