Are you planning a trip to Konark? If so, you’re in for a treat! In this article, we will be exploring the best places to visit, things to do in Konark. From the iconic Konark Sun Temple to the stunning Chandrabhaga Beach, there is something for everyone in this beautiful city. So, grab your travel essentials and get ready to explore the best that Konark has to offer.
1. Konark Sun Temple
Konark Sun Temple is ranked at the top position in the list of Best places to visit in Konark.
Konark Sun Temple is a 13th-century CE Sun temple located in Konark, about 35 kilometres northeast from Puri city on the coastline in Puri district, Odisha, India. The temple is believed to be built by king Narasimhadeva I of the Eastern Ganga dynasty around 1250 CE.
Dedicated to the Hindu Sun God Surya, the remaining structure of the temple complex resembles a 100-foot high chariot with massive wheels and stone-carved horses. Originally standing over 200 feet tall, the temple is now mostly in ruins, especially the shikara tower over the sanctuary, which was once much higher than the remaining mandapa. The surviving structures and elements are renowned for their intricate artwork, iconography, and themes, including depictions of erotic kama and mithuna scenes. The temple, also known as the Surya Devalaya, exemplifies the Odisha style of Architecture or Kalinga architecture.
The cause of the destruction of the Konark temple remains uncertain and is a subject of controversy. Theories range from natural damage to deliberate destruction by Muslim armies during their invasions between the 15th and 17th centuries.
- The art and craft of this temple is beautiful ❤️😍❤️ too..
- It looks amazing, wheels of the chariot are beautifully carved
- The temple is attributed to king Narasimhadeva I.
6:00 AM – 8:00 PM
2. Konark Sea Beach
- So beautiful place to enjoy the nature of beauty like sunrise and sunset…
- After visiting konark sun temple, this beach is a must to go.
- Less crowded and the waves are also good.
Open 24 hours
3. Ramachandi Beach
- Very charming place for boating, camping, picnic, and just roaming around
- The temple in the beach is also very good
- Maa Ramchandi Temple is a famous goddess temple. Very nice place.
4. Konark Sun Temple
Konark Sun Temple is at 4 Position in the list of Best places to visit in Konark Hindu Temple
- Very beautiful place must visit to near beaches
- Konark temple architecture is worth visit and each carving has a story.
- This place is a UNESCO world heritage site and truly deserves to be.
10:30 AM – 5:00 PM
5. Chandrabhaga beach
Chandrabhaga Beach is located three km east of the Sun temple of Konark, in the Puri district in the state of Odisha, India. It is situated 30 km from the city of Puri. In the past, Chandrabhaga was known as a place of natural healing for lepers. Recently, Chandrabhaga beach has become the first beach in India to receive the Blue Flag certification. This certification is given to beaches that are environmentally friendly and clean, and equipped with facilities of international standards for tourists. Additionally, Chandrabhaga beach is home to the prominent Chandrabhaga coral reef, which is one of the notable living coral reefs in India located offshore.
- Best place to watch sunrise and sunset
- God only can save this beautiful eco-friendly beach with a lovely history
- You can find many artists on the beach which will take your attention.
Check out: Places to visit, Things to do in Mandya
6. Konark Sun Temple Museum
Konark Sun Temple Museum is ranked 6th in the list of Best places to visit in KonarkMuseum.
- The sculptures are very nice and made as a replica of the sun temple.
- Very good place maintained by Indian Oil.
- Marvelous architecture…
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
7. Chandrabhaga Beach, Puri
- So beautiful and captivating
- The sunrise at the Beach is a majestic site to behold
- Popular tourist destination.
Open 24 hours
8. Chandrabhaga Temple
- Very beautiful Temple..
- Good small beach and a small temple are worth visiting
- It also a historical and beautiful temple.