Welcome to Kharagpur, West Bengal, India! In this article, we will explore some of the 7 best places to visit in kharagpur city. One of the must-visit attractions is the Nehru Museum of Science and Technology. Established in 1990, this museum is housed in the historic Hijli Detention camp building, which was used by the British rulers to detain freedom fighters during the 1930s. With its impressive Byzantine-style architecture and fascinating exhibits, the museum offers a unique blend of history and science. Join us as we uncover more about this captivating museum and other exciting destinations in Kharagpur.
1. Nehru Museum of Science and Technology
The Nehru Museum of Science and Technology is a museum in Kharagpur, West Bengal, India. It was founded in 1990 at the Hijli Detention camp building, later the IIT-Kharagpur Heritage Building, which is now named as Hijli Saheed Bhavan. The imposing building, bearing resemblance to the Byzantine style of architecture, was used by the British rulers of India to detain the freedom fighters during the 1930s.
- Beautiful pictures of every corner of the campus are also being displayed
- Once u visit here, don’t forget to visit Hijli Jail
- Oldest specimens of fighter planes and ammunitions are there.
2. Hijli Eco Park
Park and Garden
- Good Place for picnic with family and ideal place for couples
- Good place to go with friends and family
- Lovely natural beauty.
08:30 – 17:00
3. Gurguripal Eco Park
Gurguripal Eco Park is ranked 4th in the list of Best places to visit in Kharagpur. It offers beautiful walking paths, picnic areas, and a serene lake.
- The natural sounds of nature will give you pleasure at any time.
- It is a good place for a picnic.
- Such a beautiful place to spend time with family.
The park is open 24 hours a day.
4. Khargeswar Temple
Restored Hindu temple with 8 roofs
- The town derives its name from this temple
- The place gives a perfect taste of all cultures with the blessings of Lord Shiv
- Calm ..and charming Place … feeling peace And happy ….
05:00 – 13:30, 16:00 – 22:00
Check out: Places to visit, Things to do in Ambala
5. Balaji Mandir, Malancha, Kharagpur
Balaji Mandir, Malancha, Kharagpur secured 6 Position in the list of Best places to visit in KharagpurHindu Temple
- Excellent place for a peaceful environment…
- Nice temple of lord Balaji in kharagpur
- A peaceful environment.
05:00 – 13:00, 16:00 – 22:00
6. Sri Solapuri Mata Temple, Kharida Bidhanpally
Open 24 hours