Are you planning a trip to Karnal and looking for the best places to visit, things to do in Karnal? Look no further! In this article, we will explore the top attractions in Karnal that you shouldn’t miss. From beautiful parks and gardens to historical landmarks and temples, Karnal has something for everyone. Whether you’re a nature lover, history enthusiast, or seeking spiritual solace, these best places to visit in Karnal will surely captivate your heart. So, let’s dive in and discover the hidden gems of this charming city.
1. Karan Taal Park
Park and Garden
- Now it has fountains, swings, sand tub, shelters, even free public Wi-Fi too
- It’s really fresh and clean
- Beautiful place to spend time in the evening.
05:00 – 20:00
2. Karan Park
Park and Garden
- Around 1.5 km from Karnal Bus Stand
- Good park for morning and evening walk, location also good
- Good park for morning and evening walk, location also good.
Open 24 hours
3. Karna Lake
Karna Lake is ranked 4th on the list of Best places to visit in Karnal.
Karna Lake is a popular tourist attraction in the Karnal district of Haryana. It is situated 125 km away from both Chandigarh and Delhi, making it a convenient stopover for travelers on the famous Grand Trunk Road. According to folklore, Karna, a renowned character from Indian mythology who played a significant role in the Mahabharat war, used to bathe in this lake. It is believed that he gave away his protective armor to Indra, the Godfather of Arjuna, Karna’s arch-enemy, at this very spot. The name “Karnal” is thought to be derived from “Karna-Taal,” which means Karna Lake. This may also explain why Karnal is referred to as the City of Karna by the locals.
Karna Lake is managed by the Haryana Tourism Corporation.
- OMG I love this Lake and you should visit there and do the boating
- Peaceful place to spend quality time with family
- The restaurant is too good, served fresh and tasty food.
4. Dreamland Water Park Pvt. Ltd.
Water park and amusement park
- Ticket price is also pocket size
- Water also not clean. Waste of time and money
- Very extensive water slide.
10:00 – 18:00
5. Karna Lake Karnal
Karna Lake Karnal secured 6 Position in the list of Best places to visit in KarnalPark and Garden
- Nice place to get chill with family, boating experience was osm.
- Good for spending quality time with your family and friends
- Very good restaurant and Parking space is very good..
Open 24 hours
6. Shri Karneshwar Mahadev Temple
- Peace seekers will love this temple
- The temple has beautiful architecture and greenery all around
- The place is very pious and gives peace to mind in the abode of God Shiva.
7. ITI chowk karnal
- You can board on buses going towards Ambala, Chandigarh, Panipat, Delhi
- It has smooth traffic may be a delay of just 3-5 min because of crossing…
8. Cantonment Church Tower
Cantonment Church Tower is ranked 9th in the list of Best places to visit in Karnal.
The Cantonment Church Tower is a church tower located in Karnal city, Haryana, India. It holds great historical and religious significance in Karnal. Situated near National Highway 1 of India, this tower has been declared as a historical monument by the Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage. Originally, it was the tower of St. James’ Church, Karnal, dedicated to St. James, one of the disciples of Jesus Christ. Standing at a height of 35 meters, the tower is adorned with an ornamental cross. It is situated between the infantry parade and race course, and can be seen from a distance of 7 kilometers.
- The tower is 35 meters tall and is surmounted by an ornamental cross.
- One of the rarest sites in Karnal with archaeological importance.
The Cantonment Church Tower is open from 06:00 to 18:00.
Check out: Places to visit, Things to do in Kangra
9. Meera Ghati Chowk Karnal
Meera Ghati Chowk Karnal is ranked at 10th position in the list of best places to visit in Karnal. It is a historical landmark that is worth exploring.
10. Namaste Chowk 🙏