Are you planning a trip to Kangra and wondering about the best places to visit, things to do in Kangra? Look no further! In this article, we will explore the top attractions in Kangra, including the best places to visit in the city. From sacred temples to stunning waterfalls, Kangra has something for everyone. Whether you are a spiritual seeker or a nature lover, these places will leave you mesmerized. So, let’s dive in and discover the best places to visit in Kangra!
1. Shaktipeeth Shri Bajreshwari Devi Temple, Kangra
The Shree Bajreshwari Mata Mandir, also known as Kangra Devi Mandir, is a sacred site dedicated to the goddess Vajreshvari, a form of Goddess Durga. It is located in the town of Kangra in the beautiful Northern Indian state of Himachal Pradesh.
- Spiritual place and one of the 51 shakti peeths
- The divine energy here is truly remarkable
- The langar (community kitchen) provided here is delicious
- According to legend, this temple was miraculously built by the Pandavas in just one night
- 6:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- 12:30 PM – 8:00 PM
2. Achar Kund
- So beautiful waterfall
- River along with rocks give a great scenic view
- A very good spot to enjoy with the family.
6:00 AM – 6:03 PM
Check out: Places to visit in Durgapur for 2023
3. Gupt Ganga Temple
Gupt Ganga Temple is ranked 4th in the list of Best places to visit in Kangra. It is a Hindu Temple.
- Icey cold water of Gupt Ganga can be enjoyed in hot summer days.
- You can find fish in the pond and it is a very peaceful place.
- The infants get rid of skin diseases after having a bath there.
4. Shree Kangra Jain Shwetambar Tirth
- Peaceful atmosphere
- Beautifully located with fort opposite it..
- Don’t forget to see Jatadhari Adinath Bhagwan idol in temple inside fort.
9:00 AM – 7:30 PM
5. Raja Sansar Chandra Museum & Cafe
Raja Sansar Chandra Museum & Cafe secured 6 Position in the list of Best places to visit in KangraMuseum
- Was amazed at the history of the Kangra royal family
- One should definitely visit this museum after your visit to the Fort
- Place is well maintained by royal family.
9:00 AM – 5:30 PM