1. Thindal Murugan Temple
Thindal Murugan Temple is ranked as the number one place to visit in Erode. This temple, also known as Arulmigu Velayuthaswamy Thirukovil or Thindalmalai Murugan Temple, is dedicated to Lord Murugan and is situated on Thindalmalai hillock in Tamil Nadu, India.
The main deity of the temple is Sri Velayudhaswami. One of the highlights of the temple is the golden chariot Temple Car, which is used for carrying the images of gods during ceremonial processions. The temple is located approximately 7 km away from the Central Bus stand at Swastik Circle and 8 km away from Erode Junction. It is easily accessible by local buses that run between Erode Central Bus Terminus and Perundurai.
- Very peaceful place, your prayers can’t be interrupted
- Overall one of the best divine experience
- Here you feel very good, mind fresh.
The temple is open from 06:00 to 12:30 and from 16:00 to 20:30.
Check out: Places to visit, Things to do in sangli
2. VOC Park, Erode (Places to visit in Erode)
V.O.Chidambaranar Park or VOC Park is a recreational park located in the South Indian city of Erode in Tamil Nadu. The park is owned and maintained by Erode Municipal Corporation. This park was built in British India period by chairman Srinivasa Mudaliar. This park was previously known as Srinivasaa Park
- LACKS Serious maintenance and promotion
- Very nice place for purchase vegetables at comfortable rate.
- VOC is a combo pack of parks, and it was renovated recently.
05:00 – 19:30
3. Vellode Bird Sanctuary (Places to visit in Erode)
Vellode Birds Sanctuary is a beautiful sanctuary located in the Erode District of Tamil Nadu, India. This sanctuary, spanning across 80 hectares, has been designated as a protected Ramsar site since 2022. It is conveniently situated about 15 km from Erode Central Bus Terminus on the way to Chennimalai, near Vellode. Additionally, it is only 10 km away from Erode Junction Railway Station, making it easily accessible from the south. If you are coming from Perundurai, the sanctuary is approximately 14 km from the bus terminus and 8 km from the railway station. From Chennimalai, it is a short 10 km journey. The management of the sanctuary collects an affordable entry fee and also offers binoculars for rent.
- Especially early morning, it’s a delightful time to visit the sanctuary.
- The rental binoculars are definitely worth spending on to get a closer look at the beautiful birds.
- A pleasant place to spend your evening with family and friends.
The sanctuary is open from 06:00 to 18:00, allowing visitors to enjoy its beauty throughout the day.
4. Erode Municipal Park (Places to visit in Erode)
Erode Municipal Park has been ranked 4th in the list of Best places to visit in ErodePark and Garden.
- Maintenance was very good
- This is a very good place to play with children and enjoy with our family 👪..
- People are using this park for an evening walk.
17:00 – 21:00
5. GREENLEAF Park
Park and Garden
- Lovely place for kids…
- Good place. Wide variety of games for all age groups
- Ticket prices are worth the fun.
10:00 – 20:00
6. Arulmigu Aarudra Kabaaleeswarar Temple, Erode Fort
Arulmigu Aarudra Kabaaleeswarar Temple, located in Erode Fort, has secured the 6th position in the list of Best places to visit in Erode. This Hindu Temple is highly revered by devotees.
- Nice Lord Siva temple
- Whenever I go there, I find peace. It is a very pleasant and calm place.
- One of the oldest and historical temples in Tamil Nadu.
The temple is open from 06:00 to 20:30.
7. Shri Nattatreeshwarar Temple
Nattadreeswarar Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is located on a hillock island within River Kaveri, near Erode, off the Erode-Karur Highway., halfway between Kudagu and Bay of Bengal at Kaveripoompattinam.
- Powerful God sivan is here..
- It relieved Sage Agathiyar from his dosham
- Agathiyar Sidhar installed revers sand linga sculpture .
07:00 – 12:30, 16:00 – 18:00
8. Odapalli Barrage Park
Park and Garden
- Nice place to visit with kids
- Tasty fish available
- Nice place for evening Sun Set view…
07:00 – 18:00
9. Periyar Nagar Park – Erode
Periyar Nagar Park – Erode is ranked at 9th position in the list of best places to visit in Erode. It is a park and garden that offers a pleasant experience for visitors.
- Nice place for children.
- Great place for kids and photoshoots.
- Good place for kids to play and enjoy the environment.
The park is open from 16:00 to 20:00.
10. Kalingarayan Anicut, Erode
Kalingarayan Anicut, Erode has been ranked 10th in the list of Best places to visit in Erode.
Mamannar Kalingarayan Anicut is a dam constructed on the Bhavani river in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is located just before Kooduthurai where Bhavani combines with Cauvery, in Bhavani, Erode.
- Best place for spending time with family.
- The dam was built 700 years ago and still stands strong and awesome.
- Green lush watery Canal.
08:00 – 18:00
11. Erode Corporation SKM Children’s Park
Park and Garden
- Best facility for children’s outing at lower cost
- Very nice to use it for a healthy walking..
- Nice place for evening leisure..
16:30 – 20:30
12. Kongalamman Temple
- Famous temple of erode market. It can be easily identified.
- The goddess is so powerful and she listens to our prayers.
- Lord Durga blesses us all.
13. CSI Brough Memorial Church
- Really amazed to see the architecture of this church.
06:00 – 13:00, 16:00 – 21:00
14. Government Museum, Erode
Government Museum, Erode secured 14 Position in the list of Best places to visit in Erode
The Government Museum, Erode is an archaeological museum located in the city of Erode, Tamil Nadu. It is located inside the VOC Park campus, 200 meters to the north of Erode Central Bus Terminus and 3 km from Erode Junction.
- If it is auto, it charges 120₹….Nearby, there is a VOC park.
- There is a seperate room for rock sculptures exhibits.
09:30 – 17:00
15. Mariamman Temple
Mariamman Temple: A Must-Visit Hindu Temple in Erode
When it comes to exploring the beautiful city of Erode, one cannot miss visiting the renowned Mariamman Temple. This ancient Hindu temple has recently been recognized as one of the best places to visit in Erode.
With its rich history and cultural significance, Mariamman Temple has captivated the hearts of locals and tourists alike. The temple recently achieved the impressive feat of securing the 15th position in the list of top attractions in Erode.
Devotees flock to Mariamman Temple to seek blessings from the goddess Mariamman, who is believed to be the protector of the city. The temple’s stunning architecture and intricate carvings are a testament to the skilled craftsmanship of the past.
Visitors can immerse themselves in the spiritual ambiance of the temple, offering prayers and participating in various rituals. The serene atmosphere and the divine presence of the goddess make it a truly enchanting experience.
Whether you are a religious person or simply interested in exploring the cultural heritage of Erode, a visit to Mariamman Temple is a must. It is a place where history, spirituality, and architectural brilliance converge, leaving visitors in awe.
Why Visit Mariamman Temple?
- Experience the rich cultural heritage of Erode
- Seek blessings from the goddess Mariamman
- Marvel at the intricate carvings and stunning architecture
- Participate in spiritual rituals and immerse yourself in the divine atmosphere
- Discover the historical significance of the temple
16. Periya Mariamman Temple
Periya Mariamman Temple is situated near Panneer Selvam Park, across from Erode Corporation Building in the vibrant city of Erode, Tamil Nadu, India. This sacred temple is devoted to Mariamman, the revered Hindu Goddess. It was constructed by the Kongu Cholas approximately 1200 years ago.
17. Erode Fort
Erode Fort, located in Erode, India, holds a significant historical value. In 1800, Francis Buchanan described it as a large mud fort that was occupied by a battalion of Sepoys. This fort served as a crucial source for recruiting soldiers in this region. During the reign of Hyder Ali, the suburb surrounding the fort consisted of approximately 3000 houses. However, under the rule of Tipu Sultan, the number of houses was reduced by one third. Unfortunately, the entire fort was completely destroyed during the invasion led by General Meadows.
This magnificent fort was originally constructed by King Chandramathi Mudaliar, who was the Chieftain of the Erode region at that time.