1. Madanmohan Temple
- Clean and beautiful temple of baby Krishna
- In 1661 CE, Maharaja Pran Narayan planned to expand his kingdom
- The Kali maa temple is good to see coz the idol has all the fierceness to see.
10:00 AM – 8:00 PM
2. Cooch Behar Rajbari Park
Lush palace grounds with a pond & flora
- It’s a beautiful place for children to go there and play and having a good time
- Beautiful palace, beautiful garden.
- Lovely place, historical place.
10:00 AM – 10:02 PM
3. Maharaja N N Park
Maharaja N N Park received 4th position in the list of Best places to visit in Cooch Behar Park.
- There are so many activities to try with your kids
- Toy train 🚆 and Bird cages are one of my favourites
- It is a beautiful place in Cooch Behar.
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
4. Baneswar Shiva Temple
Baneswar Shiva temple is located in Baneswar, in the Cooch Behar II CD block of the Cooch Behar Sadar subdivision, in the Cooch Behar district of West Bengal, India.
- It is a must-visit place to see the turtle pond located beside the temple.
- The tortoises here are really lovable.
- The environment is very calm and peaceful.
The temple is open from 8:00 AM to 12:00 AM.
Check out: Places to visit, Things to do in Mandvi
5. Sagardighi, Cooch Behar
Sagardighi, Cooch Behar has been ranked 6th in the list of Best places to visit in Cooch Behar.
Sagardighi is a beautiful “Great Pond” located in the heart of Cooch Behar, which is the district headquarters of Cooch Behar district in West Bengal, India. The name Sagardighi translates to an ocean-like pond, highlighting its immense significance. Apart from being a popular spot among locals, it also serves as a temporary home for migratory birds during the winter season.
The pond is surrounded by several important administrative buildings. To the west, you can find the District Magistrates Office, Administrative Building of North Bengal State Transport Corporation, and BSNL’s DTO Office. On the south, there are the Office of the Superintendent of Police, District Library, and Municipality Building. Towards the east, you will come across the Office of BLRO, State Bank of India’s Cooch Behar Main Branch, and many others. Finally, on the north side, you can find the RTO office, Foreigner’s registration office, and District Court, among others.
- Must go place for witnessing serene sunset in evenings
- Very well maintained banks of the pond
- A fantastic place in the heart of Cooch Behar.
6. Sri Sri Madhupur Satra
Madhupur Satra is a religious institutional center associated with the Ekasarana tradition of Vaishnavism, situated in Cooch Behar, the Indian state of West Bengal. It was established by Assamese Vaishnavite monasteries for religious practices in the mid 16th-century during Koch kingdom. The great Bhakti Saint Mahapurusha Srimanta Sankardeva and his disciple Mahapurusha Madhavadeva died here. Madhupur satra is also called as Dahmukutor than; ‘dahmukut’ means ‘bhiti’ or living houses of ten disciples of Srimanta Sankardeva. The name satra originates in the Bhagavata Purana in Sanskrit, and is used in the sense of an assembly of devotees.
- The place of great mahapurush Sankardeva where he breathed last
- So peaceful and quiet
- The journey to this sacred place was all worth it.
Open 24 hours
7. Sal Bagan Park
- Good picnic spot in the lap of nature.
Open 24 hours
8. Siddhanath Siva temple
The Siddhanath Siva temple has been ranked 9th in the list of Best places to visit in Cooch Behar. This Hindu temple is a must-visit destination for tourists.