1. Chitradurga Fort
Chitradurga Fort is ranked at the top position in the list of Best places to visit in Chitradurga.
Chitradurga Fort, also known as Chitaldoorg, is a magnificent fortification situated on several hills and a peak that overlooks a flat valley in the Chitradurga District of Karnataka, India. The fort derives its name, Chitrakaldurga, from the Kannada language, which means ‘picturesque fort’. It is the namesake of the town Chitradurga and its administrative district.
The construction of the fort took place in multiple stages between the 11th and 13th centuries under the patronage of various dynastic rulers of the region, including the Chalukyas and Hoysalas. Later, the Nayakas of Chitradurga, also known as Palegar Nayakas, played a significant role in expanding the fort between the 15th and 18th centuries. In 1779, the fort was briefly taken over by Hyder Ali at Chitradurga. However, twenty years later, the British forces captured the fort after defeating his son Tipu Sultan.
The fort is a remarkable architectural marvel, consisting of seven concentric fortification walls with numerous passages, a citadel, a masjid, warehouses for grains and oil, water reservoirs, and ancient temples. The upper fort houses 18 temples, while the lower fort boasts a massive temple.
- Nice refreshing air and so many monkeys to entertain you
- Can spend the whole day here, a good one-day trip from Bangalore
- The masjid was an addition during Hyder Ali’s rule.
The fort is open from 06:00 to 18:00.
2. Chandravalli Archaeological Site
Chandravalli is an archaeological site located in the Chitradurga district of the state of Karnataka, India. The region is a valley formed by three hills, Chitradurga, Kirabanakallu and Jolagudda. It is a semi-arid region with scrub vegetation with a stream running through it. Excavations at Chandravalli have revealed earthen pots, painted bowls and coins of Indian dynasties like Vijayanagar, Satavahana and Hoysalas as well as denarii of Roman emperor Augustus Caesar and a coin of the Chinese Han dynasty Emperor Wu Ti belonging to 2nd Century BC.
- The inner caves are marvellous.
- This place is next to serene lake and fantastic rock formations!
- The cave is just exciting and thrilling, should get a guide to explore the cave!!
08:30 – 21:00
- Very nice place with a beautiful forest surrounding it
- Very lovely place for a small picnic with family and friends
- They have bear, cheetah, snake, birds, deer and many more.
09:30 – 17:30
4. Sri Murugha Matha
Sri Murugha Matha is ranked 4th in the list of Best places to visit in Chitradurga. It is a Hindu Temple.
- Must visit beautiful park
- Best place for family..
- The statues are pretty realistic, much better than some in other parks.
Open 24 hours
5. Murugha mata Chitradurga
- And the museum was even more amazing and filled with lot of antique materials..
- Nice place to go for 1 day picnic with family and children
- Nice for children with prototype models of animals.
6. Onake Obavvana Kindi
Onake Obavvana Kindi got 6 Position in the list of Best places to visit in Chitradurga. It is a famous hilltop fort with a storied history.
- This is a must place to see in the fort
- Soldiers of Hyder Ali tried to enter the fort through the Hanchina Bagilu
- Hyder Ali besieged the Chitradurga Fort thrice between 1760 and 1779.
06:00 – 17:30
Amusement park and park and garden
- Anyhow it is one of the good picnic spot to come with children
- All the statues are good
- This park explores karnataka state culture.
09:00 – 19:30
8. Jogimatti Forest Area
Wildlife and Safari Park
- It is a very beautiful experience after you reach the top
- This place is heaven in rainy season & specially in morning time…
- During rainy season, it’s awesome.
9. Sri Ekanatheshwari Temple
Sri Ekanatheshwari Temple is a popular tourist destination in Chitradurga, known for its historical significance. It has recently been ranked 9th in the list of Best Places to Visit in Chitradurga.
- Best place to visit inside the Chitradurga fort
- I have been worshiping the god since I was a child, and it has always been a powerful experience for me
- Every year, the people of Chitradurga sacrifice a male buffalo to keep Devi in peace
The temple is open from 06:00 to 17:00.
10. Tuppada Kola
Tuppada Kola secured 10 Position in the list of Best places to visit in ChitradurgaTourist attraction
- A long time wish to climb up to thuppada kola
- ASI has not even bothered to clean the water collected there
- It’s very good place Chitra durga fort, must visit place in Monsoon.
06:00 – 18:00
11. Himadhagiri Falls
- Just beautiful during rainy season and heavy rains
- It is one of the beautiful trekking place in Chitradurga
- Note: avoid throwing plastic bottles around the waterfall or on the trail..
06:00 – 17:30
12. Ayyappa Swami Temple
- A quiet and peaceful place..
08:00 – 12:00
13. Hindu Maha Ganapathi Chitradurga
- 10:00 – 21:00
14. Mallapura Lake
Mallapura Lake: A Must-Visit Destination in Chitradurga
When it comes to exploring the best places in Chitradurga, Mallapura Lake is definitely a gem that should not be missed. This picturesque lake has recently secured the 14th position in the list of top tourist attractions in the area.
Located amidst the serene surroundings of Chitradurga, Mallapura Lake offers a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. Its breathtaking beauty and peaceful ambiance make it a perfect destination for nature lovers and photography enthusiasts.
Whether you are looking for a peaceful stroll along the lakeside or want to indulge in some bird-watching, Mallapura Lake has something to offer for everyone. The calm waters of the lake reflect the surrounding greenery, creating a mesmerizing sight that will leave you in awe.
Visitors can also enjoy boating and fishing activities in Mallapura Lake, adding an element of adventure to their visit. The lake is home to a variety of fish species, making it a popular spot for fishing enthusiasts.
For those interested in history and culture, Mallapura Lake is located near the famous Chitradurga Fort. This ancient fort is known for its architectural brilliance and historical significance, making it a must-visit attraction in the region.
So, if you are planning a trip to Chitradurga, make sure to include Mallapura Lake in your itinerary. Its natural beauty, serene ambiance, and proximity to other tourist attractions make it a perfect destination for a memorable getaway.
Why Visit Mallapura Lake?
- Tranquil and peaceful ambiance
- Breathtaking beauty and picturesque surroundings
- Opportunity for bird-watching and photography
- Boating and fishing activities
- Proximity to Chitradurga Fort
Check out: Best places to visit in Vizianagaram
15. Chandravalli Kere
Chandravalli Kere: A Must-Visit Destination in Chitradurga
Chandravalli Kere has secured the 15th position in the prestigious list of the best places to visit in Chitradurga. This beautiful lake is a must-see attraction for tourists and locals alike.
Located in the heart of Chitradurga, Chandravalli Kere offers a serene and picturesque environment that captivates visitors. The tranquil waters of the lake, surrounded by lush greenery, create a perfect setting for relaxation and rejuvenation.
Visitors can indulge in various activities at Chandravalli Kere, such as boating, picnicking, and nature walks. The lake’s calm ambiance provides an ideal escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
One of the highlights of Chandravalli Kere is its historical significance. The lake is believed to have been a part of an ancient civilization and has archaeological remains dating back to the 2nd century AD. Exploring these remnants adds a touch of mystery and intrigue to the visit.
Overall, Chandravalli Kere is a hidden gem in Chitradurga that offers a perfect blend of natural beauty and historical significance. Whether you are a nature lover, history enthusiast, or simply seeking tranquility, this destination is worth a visit.
Why Visit Chandravalli Kere?
- Scenic beauty and tranquility
- Opportunities for boating and picnicking
- Historical significance with archaeological remains
- An escape from the city’s hustle and bustle
Plan your trip to Chitradurga and make sure to include Chandravalli Kere in your itinerary. Experience the charm and allure of this enchanting lake firsthand.
16. Sri Guru Thipperudraswamy Temple
Open 24 hours
17. Barageramma Temple
18. Sri Hidambeswara Gudi
Architecture and history
- A very beautiful temple on the top of the rock in the Chitradurga fort
- The story goes like this, it’s a love story between the demon Hadimba and Bheema
- Nice peaceful serene place of divinity.
19. Sampige Siddeshwara Temple
Sampige Siddeshwara Temple is a renowned Hindu Temple located in Chitradurga. It has been ranked 19th in the list of Best places to visit in Chitradurga.
- One of the best temples inside the fort….
The temple is open from 09:00 AM to 06:00 PM.
20. Ankali Mutt
Ankali Mutt has been ranked 20th in the list of Best places to visit in Chitradurga. This Buddhist temple is definitely worth a visit!