1. Ghanta Ghar Clock Tower Bhagalpur
Ghanta Ghar Clock Tower Bhagalpur received 1 Position in the list of Best places to visit in Bhagalpur. It is a monumental landmark located on a traffic circle.
- Not much high traffic!
- This place is the heart of Bhagalpur.
- It’s nice… you’ll get fruits and everything over there.
Open 24 hours.
2. Jai Prakash Udyan (Sandy’s Compound)
Located in the heart of the city, there is a large park that boasts a beautiful botanical garden. It is a popular destination for locals and tourists alike, offering a serene and peaceful environment.
- One of my favorite spots for a morning walk or jog. The fresh air and scenic views make it a perfect start to the day.
- This park is great for walking, both in the morning and evening. It provides a refreshing escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- For sports enthusiasts, this park is a dream come true. It offers ample space for activities like jogging, running, cricket, football, and more.
The park is open from 03:00 to 19:00, allowing visitors to enjoy its beauty throughout the day.
3. Ganga Ghat Sultanganj
- Awesome place, Holy Ganga river
- Love the serene beauty of this place
- It is so beautiful because Lord mahadev temple.
4. Das Driftwood Museum & Park
Das Driftwood Museum & Park secured 4 Position in the list of Best places to visit in Bhagalpur
Sculpture gardens with driftwood artwork
- Perfect place for couple meetings
- Beautiful & peaceful place
- Well maintained garden, nice restaurant, nice views.
06:00 – 22:00
5. Ajgaivinath Temple
- Very peaceful place. This is a very holy river
- Amazing place… love to sit and see the sunset and lord Shiva 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻❤️
- Temple which bring us to our history.
Open 24 hours
6. Rabindra Bhawan
Rabindra Bhawan has secured the 6th position in the list of Best places to visit in Bhagalpur. It is a historical landmark that showcases the beautiful art of modern India.
- A marvel, it truly represents the artistic brilliance of India.
- A peaceful location, perfect for spending some calm time.
- This is considered one of the best universities in Bihar.
The timings for visiting Rabindra Bhawan are from 06:00 to 18:00.
7. Mahershi Mehi Ashram
Nature and temple
- Best place for peace
- River looks very beautiful from here
- A very good place for meditation and to have a peace of mind.
Open 24 hours
8. Shri Champapur Digambar Jain Siddhakshetra Mandir
Jain temple with colorful statues
- No word can explain the beauty of this place
- Tourists can enjoy the beauty of the architecture of temple
- Famous Vadupuya Thirthankar temple sacred place for Jainism followers.
05:30 – 18:00
9. Budhanath Temple
Budhanath Temple has been ranked 9th in the list of Best places to visit in Bhagalpur. It is a Hindu Temple that holds great significance.
- Shiva bhakts must visit this temple..
- I am so happy😊😁😊😊. It is the most beautiful place and very peaceful.
- One of the oldest temples of Lord Shiva located at the bank of the river.
10. Bhagalpur Museum
Bhagalpur Museum is a popular tourist destination in Bhagalpur, known for its rich historical background. It has recently been ranked 10th in the list of best places to visit in Bhagalpur.
- Bihar tourism must be active towards the development of such places.
- Bhagalpur itself has an interesting historical background.
The museum is open from 10:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
11. Children’s Park
Park and Garden
- Good place for kids, calm environment, enjoy with kids
04:30 – 22:00
12. Sri Bhoothnath Mandir
- Very calm and peaceful palace 😌
- My most lovely place😍 Its beauty is unexplainable
- Temple full of positivity and mahadev’s blessings…
05:00 – 21:00
13. Lajpat Park
- All the couples also come here
- Nice park for morning and evening walk while small children can also play
- Park has facilities for kids different types of swings are there.
Check out: 21 Best places to visit in Porbandar
14. Sultanganj Tourism
Sultanganj Tourism placed 14 Position in the list of Best places to visit in BhagalpurTourist attraction
- Must go for Pilgrimages
- It is situated on the south bank of Ganga river, 25 km west of Bhagalpur city.
15. Shanti Baba Mandir
Shanti Baba Mandir has secured the 15th position in the list of Best places to visit in Bhagalpur. It is a Hindu Temple that offers a serene and beautiful environment for visitors.
- Nice place to watch sceneries and also to see dolphins in the river
- A temple situated on a rock…
- Plenty of dolphins can be spotted.
16. Kuppa (Gupha Where Sadguru Maharshi Mehi Had Doing Dhyan Yog )
- Incredible place for peace lover.
17. Ghuran peer baba
- 08:00 – 20:00
18. Shitla Mata Mandir.
Shitala Mata Mandir or Shitala Devi Mandir is a temple of Shitala Mata situated at Patna City, Patna in Bihar state of India. This is place for worship of Mata Durga also known as shakti peeth of Maa Durga.
Open 24 hours
19. Iskcon Bhagalpur Temple
Iskcon Bhagalpur Temple is a popular Hindu temple located in Bhagalpur. It has recently been recognized as one of the best places to visit in Bhagalpur, securing the 19th position on the list.
The temple is open from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM, allowing visitors to explore and experience its spiritual ambiance during these hours.
20. Jagatpur Lake
Jagatpur Lake: A Must-Visit Tourist Attraction in Bhagalpur
When it comes to exploring the beautiful city of Bhagalpur, one cannot miss out on visiting Jagatpur Lake. This serene and picturesque lake has recently gained recognition and has secured the 20th position in the list of best places to visit in Bhagalpur.
Jagatpur Lake is a popular tourist attraction that offers a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. Surrounded by lush greenery and breathtaking views, this lake is a perfect spot for nature lovers and photography enthusiasts.
Visitors can indulge in various activities at Jagatpur Lake, such as boating, picnicking, and bird-watching. The calm and peaceful ambiance of the lake makes it an ideal place to relax and unwind.
Whether you are a local resident or a tourist visiting Bhagalpur, a visit to Jagatpur Lake is highly recommended. Its natural beauty and serene atmosphere will leave you mesmerized and rejuvenated.
Why Visit Jagatpur Lake?
- Tranquil and picturesque location
- Perfect spot for nature lovers and photography enthusiasts
- Opportunity for boating, picnicking, and bird-watching
- Calm and peaceful ambiance
- Rejuvenating and mesmerizing experience
So, if you are planning a trip to Bhagalpur, don’t forget to include Jagatpur Lake in your itinerary. It is undoubtedly one of the best places to visit in the city and promises a memorable experience for all visitors.
21. Ganga ghat
Kahalgaon is a municipality Town and one of 3 sub-divisions of Bhagalpur district in the state of Bihar, India. It is located close to the Vikramashila, that was once a famous centre of Buddhist learning across the world, along with Nalanda during the Pala dynasty. The Kahalgaon Super Thermal Power Plant is located near the town.
23. Shri Shri 1008 Siya Ram Bhakt Mahavir Balaji Temple Karharia
Shri Shri 1008 Siya-Ram Bhakt Mahavir Balaji Mandir is a well-known Hindu temple, also known as a Mandir, situated in the Banka district of Bihar. This temple is dedicated to the Hindu God Hanuman. In various parts of India, the name Shri Shri 1008 Sitaram Bhakt Mahavir Balaji is given to Shri Hanuman, as his childhood form is particularly celebrated there.
The temple, dedicated to Shri Shri 1008 Sitaram bhakt Mahavir Balaji, is unique as it is located in a village rather than the countryside. It is renowned for its rituals of healing and exorcism of evil spirits, which attracts numerous pilgrims from Banka, Bhagalpur, Munger districts, and other places. The old village, Karharia, is situated near the western side of the small hill of Fullidumar, approximately 8 km away. It is positioned around 500 meters east of the mini block of Maldih Panchayat of Shambhunj main block. The local people worship this Hindu deity daily and refer to the village square as Bajrangali Chowk Karharia.
24. Vikramshila Setu
Vikramshila Setu is a bridge across the Ganges, near Bhagalpur in the Indian state of Bihar. It is named after the ancient Mahavihara of Vikramashila, which was established by King Dharmapala.
Vikramshila Setu is the 6th longest bridge over water in India. This two-lane bridge spans 4.7 km and serves as a link between NH 33 and NH 31, which run on opposite sides of the Ganges. It connects Barari Ghat on the Bhagalpur side, located on the south bank of the Ganges, to Naugachia on the north bank. Additionally, it provides a connection between Bhagalpur and Purnia and Katihar, significantly reducing travel time between these places.
However, due to increased traffic, the bridge experiences intense congestion. As a result, there is a demand for the construction of another bridge parallel to Vikramshila Setu. On September 21, 2020, Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for another 4-lane road bridge over the Ganga river. This new bridge will be 4.445 km long and will cost ₹1110.23 crore.
In June 2018, approval was granted for the construction of another bridge called Vikramshila – Kataria rail-cum-road bridge. This bridge will span 24 km and will connect Vikramshila railway station to Kataria railway station, located north of the Ganga. The estimated expenditure for this project is ₹4,379.01 crore.