Hyderabad is the capital and the largest city in the Indian state of Telangana. It was also known as the Pearl industry and was nicknamed the “City of Pearls.” If you want to enjoy a weekend free from work stress, here are some of the Best Hill stations near Hyderabad that you can visit and enjoy.
1. Ananthagiri Hills (With in 100kms)
It is near Vikarabad district, Telangana. Just 10 km away from the District headquarters of Vikarabad. If anyone wants to do adventure, this is the best spot for trekking. Deccan trail is the most popular among trekkers. Ananthagiri is one of the best one-day outing points, near Hyderabad which is 90km away from Hyderabad and the road is in good condition. You will find some beautiful exotic plants and flowers across the trails which are impossible to find in other cities. In recent days, it is getting popular because of its natural scenic beauty, its dense forest area, and also the Swayambhu Anantha Padmanabha Swami Temple. For beginners, there are two ways of trekking, One is starting from the temple and another one starting from 0.5km away from the temple. For relaxation, there is Haritha Hotel available, which is maintained by Telangana tourism.
- Top Attractions: Musi river, Shooting spot, Godamguda viewpoint.
- Best time to visit: Monsoon
- Location: 10KM from Vikarabad.
- Distance from Hyderabad: 80KM.
- Things to do: Camping at Deccan Trail.
- Transportation: By bus, or train, must take a cab from the station to the hill.
2. Nagarjuna Sagar (Best Hill stations near Hyderabad)
We consider Nagarjuna Sagar Dam one of the largest dams built in recent times in Asia. A beautiful landscape and scenic water body add beauty to this dam. The dam derives its name from a nearby hillock and island called Nagarjunakonda, where an ancient Buddhist Guru had once lived. Apart from the lake where regular boating facilities are provided, tourists can also visit other attractions such as Ethipothala waterfalls, and the Srisailam Wildlife Reserve closes nearby. It is about 150 KM away from Hyderabad, in the Nalgonda district. If you want to experience both hills and water at once, this is the best place to visit. Hills surround it on three sides. When the 12 gates open at once, the water flowing adds more scenic beauty to this dam. Do not forget to go boating and make it a point to visit the Buddha temple. So, if you are planning a trip to Andhra Pradesh, a visit to Nagarjuna Sagar Dam is a must.
- Location: 150km away from Hyderabad.
- Transportation: The nearest airport is in Hyderabad, or take a train to Macherla from Hyderabad directly, and get a cab to the dam.
- Things to do: Boating to visit Nagarjunakonda valley.
- Best Time: October_March
Suggested: Best Restaurants in Hyderabad
3. Srisailam (Best Hill stations near Hyderabad)
Srisailam is a census town in the Nandyal district of the Indian state of Andhrapradesh. It is about 216 kilometers from Hyderabad, famous for the Mallikarjuna Jyotirlinga temple. It is one of the most important popular tourist destinations and is considered the most popular pilgrim of Lord shiva. The sanctum enshrines Lord Mallikarjuna as a linga protected by a three-hooded cobra. When the whole family wants to go on pilgrimage and enjoy the beauty of the hills, this is the best place to visit. It perfectly combines scenic spots and temples. The Akkamahadevi caves in the surrounding hills also make a great place for exploration. Srisailam Dam, built over River Krishna, is one of the largest dams in South India. Mallikarjuna Swamy Temple, Bhramaramba Devi Temple, Pathala Ganga, and Shikaresvara Temple are the other attractions here.
- Location: 216km away from Hyderabad.
- Transportation: The nearest airport is in Hyderabad, or you can reach Srisailam directly by taking a bus from Hyderabad.
- Things to do: To visit Istha Kameshwari Temple.
- Best Time: September to March.
4. Lambasingi (With in 500kms)
Lambasingi is a place 75KM from Tuni railway station is a place of scenic beauty with coffee plantations and strawberry farms around there and covered with full of Greenery, fog, and mist. However, the crowd here is full-on weekdays. If you want to have less crowd, plan your trip from Tuesday to Friday. It is one of the best hill stations in South India that experiences snowfall during winters. It’s a feast for nature lovers. Especially the trek and the view once you reach the top of the hill. Trekking through coffee plantations is a different experience, but one has to take care of it since the way is slippery and inclined. It is a must-see place at least once in a lifetime with all family members of all ages.
- Location: 517km away from Hyderabad.
- Transportation: Take a train from Hyderabad to Vishakapatnam.
- Things to do: Trekking.
- Best Time: November to January
5. Araku Valley:
Araku is about 150 km from Vizag. Travel by road was good. There is a hill station with coffee plantations and get a sight of nearby strawberry fields. This valley is popular for shooting movies because of its diverse landscapes. Some of the hit Tollywood movies like Happy Days, Life is Beautiful, and Katha was shot here. For attractions, a network of caves surrounds this valley. Borra Caves are more than a million years old and are considered being the deepest caves on the sub-continent. You can witness the katki waterfalls flowing amidst dense forest, a few kilometers from caves. It is famous as Biodiversity Hotspot, as you can enjoy time forest trials with a guide to keeping an eye outside to watch wild animals.
- Location: Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
- Activities: Culture trips, camping, hiking, bird watching
- Must-visit Attractions: Padmapuram Botanical Garden, Sangda Waterfalls, Chaparai Waterfalls
- Transportation: Train service available from Vizag, runs between Vizag to Araku.